Monday, November 28, 2016

One Shot Smack Down Post #10

Finally the day had come when I didn't have to work till late, so I could go hunting in the morning. Wednesday before thanksgiving. I was tired and wasn't sure I wanted to go out in the first place. The spot that I sit was the same spot that my uncle had shot an eight point from the night before. I dragged myself out of bed and got my things together. I had about a twenty minute drive to my hunting spot that morning. Once we got out there I climbed into the shack and went back to sleep. My dad was with me I knew he would nudge me when the deer started moving. We were way early anyhow. I was awake for about an hour by now, and all of the sudden I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye. All of the sudden there was a deer moving towards me. Dad hit me not knowing I was awake, and said "Its a buck get your gun!". He handed me my gun because apparently I was not moving fast enough. The deer was not going to stop. He changed his mind and was not even going to come into the opening. My dad told me when he gets to the opening shoot. Well from where my dad was sitting and where I was sitting the openings did not match up. I had to switch windows. Finally I had an opening. I did not even take the time to steady myself. I followed the front leg up to the shoulder and pulled the trigger. He dropped right there. Awesome! No tracking! The best kind of kill for a gun! My 25-06 had another kill under its belt. By this point I thought I had shot a six point. About twenty minutes later we climbed out of the shack. I walked up to my buck to find out that it was only a four point. But hey it was the 23 of December and I still had both my buck tags. Anyhow I have never met anyone who can make the antlers taste good no matter how many points there are. Happy hunting for the rest of gun season and through out muzzleloader season! Hopefully I can get out more and fill my other two tags! There is still a big one out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment