Its almost here the day we have waited for, for a year. The number of hunters always increases around this time. It's gun season. The two weeks in November of every hunters dream kill. Those big bucks are now educated and ready to hide until they catch that doe and make one small mistake.
I always go out on opening morning. When I was still in high school my parents let me skip and go hunting instead. Which actually is really common in our area. However not enough skip to the point that the school closed down.
My dream buck hasn't crossed paths with me yet on opening mornings. I usually end up in the double stand with my dad on the ridge. We always see deer move in this stand during the mornings. However I always tell my dad to take the shot because I am never confident enough to take the shot around the tree. I am left handed and have a different line of sight than my dad who is right handed. He can see more around the tree than I can. I would have to hug the tree to be able to shoot at the bottom of the ridge to my left. And this always seems to be where the deer cross. If my dad and I switched spots in the stand it would be much easier for me. However we are creatures of habbit and because this is where he told me to sit the first time we hunted this stand. This is the side I have sat on for the past seven years.
I honestly would rather shoot a deer with my bow because you get the suspense of the track and waiting to let it die before going out to look. Sometimes you can get this with a gun too if you dont place your shot wisely. I don't know what it is about the track but I get that runners high like an adranline rush. This just makes me want to keep hunting all the time.
Danyelle, hopefully your dream buck crosses your path this year and you're able to have the perfect shot!!!
ReplyDelete